We offer water pumping and water
removal services around the clock.
When it comes to water damage restorations, repairs, and clean up, Stash Property Restoration is the trusted name to rely on. With our years of experience, we specialize in dealing with various types of flooding and the resulting damage. Don't just take our word for it – ask for a list of our satisfied customers.
Whether you're facing issues caused by burst pipes, a leaking water heater, a sewer backup, a severe storm, a damaged roof, or even a river or tidal surge, Stash Property Restoration is here to provide the assistance you need.
No matter the source of the water damage, reach out to our emergency hotline for immediate action. We offer around-the-clock water pumping and water extraction services to swiftly remove the water from your property. Our team is equipped with mobile drying equipment that can be promptly set up to expedite the drying process. As the water cleanup experts serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas, we are ready to tackle any water damage challenge.
When flooding threatens your home, trust Stash Property Restoration to restore your property to its pre-damaged state. Contact us now for professional water damage repairs, restoration water damage services, and reliable clean up solutions. We are committed to providing exceptional service and restoring your peace of mind.
Call or email us to have your water damage inspected by one of our professionals. We offer free estimates for all of our water damage restoration services in Portage, Lake Station, Chesterton and throughout Indiana.
Hidden Dangers of Water Damage
- Explosive growth of mold, bacteria, and other potentially harmful microorganisms
- Deterioration of indoor air quality
- Persistent odors
- Toxic chemical contamination due to spilled solvents and fuels
- Contamination due to sewage waste backups
- Tough-to-remove silt residue on all submerged surfaces after natural flooding
- Electrocution hazards and appliance fires when power returns
Free EstimateGet your home fixed fast with our professional disaster restoration, remodeling, and roofing services.
Common household sources of water damage
The scope of water damage restoration depends largely upon the source of the water and types of materials affected. Professional water damage remediation specialists recognize three categories of water source.
- Category 1 results from a clean or sanitary source, such as a water heater, a burst water heater or dishwasher hose, or clean water in a toilet tank.
- Category 2 water contains some level of contaminants, such as washing machine and dishwasher overflow.
- Category 3 water, sometimes known as black water, is from unsanitary sources, such as sewage, rivers, sea, and standing water with microbial populations.
Mold loves moisture. Mold stains can easily form on organic materials that get wet and aren’t able to dry. Drying, dehumidification and mold removal are often required to eliminate the problem.
Water damage can range from minor to serious
When it comes to water damage restorations, repairs, and clean up, the extent of damage can vary based on the materials affected by flooding. Understanding the classes of water damage can help determine the appropriate restoration approach.
- Class 1 water damage is relatively limited, typically confined to a specific area such as a corner of a room. Materials in contact with the water, such as structural wood, hardwood flooring, and ceramic tile, have low porosity, resulting in minimal evaporation.
- Class 2 water damage encompasses a larger area, such as an entire room, and has penetrated porous materials like carpeting and upholstered furnishings.
- Class 3 water damage occurs when water from an upper floor leaks for an extended period, leading to saturation of walls, ceilings, insulation, carpeting, and sub-floor on the lower floors.
- Class 4 water damage involves infiltration into materials that are difficult to dry, such as concrete and plaster.
In certain cases, specialized restoration techniques are necessary. We have expertise in restoring artwork, documents, print photos, and even electronics that have been affected by water. Our team can test and restore electronics to working order whenever possible.
At Stash Property Restoration, we specialize in all types of water damage, from toilet overflows and burst pipes to flooded basements. Our skilled professionals will promptly assess the damage and provide tailored water damage restoration services.
Call or email us to get a free quote for water damage repair in Portage, Chesterton, Valparaiso, Crown Point, Dyer, East Chicago, Michigan City, Hammond, Highland, Munster, Schererville and throughout the surrounding areas.
Fast action is essential. When a basement floods for any reason, it should be pumped out as quickly as possible to minimize moisture damage and mold problems.