We'll take care of your Frozen
and burst pipe cleanup needs
When it comes to water damage restorations, repairs, and clean up, one common issue is pipe bursting. Freezing temperatures can cause the water inside pipes to expand and exert enough pressure to rupture the pipe wall or break apart pipe joints. This can lead to significant damage to floors, carpeting, drywall, and insulation.
Burst copper pipes, commonly used for water supply and circulation, are a frequent source of major leaks. While freezing is the most common cause of pipe leakage, pipes can also burst due to other reasons, such as accidental damage from nails. When you experience leaking or burst pipes, Stash Property Restoration is the company to rely on for drying, clean up, and restoring your living space.
Our team specializes in water damage repair and cleanup, including pipe bursting and burst pipe repair. We have the expertise to address the aftermath of leaking or burst pipes, ensuring that your living space is thoroughly dried, cleaned up, and restored to its pre-damaged condition.
Don't let pipe bursts wreak havoc in your home. Contact us today for professional water damage repairs, restoration water damage services, and reliable cleanup solutions. Trust us to handle the task and restore your living space after pipe bursting incidents.
- Insufficient insulation
- Insulation that has been damaged or dislodges
- A malfunctioning heating system, typically while homeowners are away
- Corrosion, typically at a soldered joint
- Damage to a pipe during remodeling activities
As water freezes, it expands about 10 percent in volume. That pressure can cause a rupture.
Free EstimateGet your home fixed fast with our professional disaster restoration, remodeling, and roofing services.
What to do when your frozen pipes burst
There is a very distinctive sound to pipes freezing. It can best be described as a bang or clang. The sound is caused by water suddenly expanding into ice at the moment it freezes. It may not be accompanied by the sound of running water because, for a time, the ice will prevent leakage from occurring. When this happens:
- Turn off the main water valve immediately: It is typically located in a basement or utility room. Fast action can minimize damage from a burst pipe.
- Call Stash Property Restoration right away. Instead of getting a recorded message, you can talk to a real person about your emergency. Our emergency crews are usually able to respond within 2 hours and handle the burst pipe clean up and restoration process.
If the ice in the pipe has thawed and water is flowing into your home:
Note where the sound of running water is coming from.
Shut off the main water valve, if you can do it safely, and call Stash Property Restoration. Don’t take safety risks when you have flooding due to a burst pipe. Contact with an electrical switch or device while standing in water can cause shock or electrocution. It’s better to wait for Stash Property
- Restoration technicians to arrive to ensure safe water removal and water damage repair.
- Move valuable items. As long as you can do so safely, move items that are wet or may be damaged by standing water. You can relocate these items to a dry area and take steps to clean and dry them out.
Keep your home protected and looking great with your local contractor today
At Stash Property Restoration, we care about keeping your home looking and functioning the way it's supposed to. Whether you need anything from a small roof repair to a complete disaster restoration, we will be there for you with quality products, skilled craftsmanship, and fantastic customer service.
To learn more about our services and get a free estimate, call or email us today! We proudly serve in Portage, Chesterton, Valparaiso, Crown Point, Dyer, East Chicago, Michigan City, Hammond, Highland, Munster, Schererville and throughout the surrounding areas.